I am not sure how we did it, but Lindsay now ends every request with "peese" (complete with the sign language for the word of rubbing her tummy). I swear I only showed her two or three times before she did it on her own. After that the ongoing positive attention she has received each time she uses the word just keeps the good manners moving along. The thing that stuns us even more is that she actually GETS what she is saying. It use to be that it was only "cacker, peese" (cracker) as if the two words went together. Now it is, "ca-doe, peese" (avocado). "Sfing, peese" (swing). And the other morning, the first thing out of her mouth after she gave me a big hug was, "oh, peese" (imagine hand rubbing her tummy as her lips are puckered to communicate to her mommy and daddy that she was ready for her morning dose of Cheerios).


No comments:
Post a Comment